Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Paul to the Young Pastor Timothy

2 Timothy 4:1-8

“Preach the Word”
1 I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom:
2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,
4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.
5 But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come.
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith;
8 in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Preaching the Word, not some book or philosophy, is what it is all about. We live in a time when man would prefer to have their ears tickled rather than be taught doctrine. When in fact the only chance people have to know how to be saved and how to follow Christ and live a life that is pleasing to God is by learning the great doctrines of God’s word. People need to know what God’s word means before they stand a chance of properly applying it to their lives. Preach the word my friend!

God Bless,

Bill Lawless

No comments: