Sunday, July 20, 2008

Baptism Service - Curtis McKnight

Yesterday, Saturday , was a very special day for my family. Curtis, my son-in-law made his public professon of faith and was baptized. Below is his testamony and the video of his baptism.

I considered myself a good person when I was growing up. I have never been to jail. I have never done illegal drugs. I made good grades in school, went to college, have a loving wife. By this worlds standards I am an upstanding citizen. About 3 years ago, my family and I started going to church, and I was invited to a bible study where my eyes were opened little by little to truth about how good I was. God’s word showed me that I am a sinner in a need of a Savior. I have stolen things, no matter how small it is I am still a thief in God’s eyes. I have looked upon another woman with lust and in God’s eyes that is committing adultery. I have lied and taken the Lords name vein. I was headed to one place and that was hell. God has worked on me in the past 3 years through His word and by the power of the Holy Spirit. It is by the Grace of God that I have been given faith and I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. His sacrifice was payment for my transgressions. He is sufficient for all things. Faith has produced repentance and obedience, and today I am filled with joy to profess publicly my faith in Jesus Christ.


No comments: