Tuesday, July 01, 2008

That Memorable Night - CH Spurgeon


I have dwelt upon the efficacy of His Blood; but no tongue can ever speak of its worth. I pray that God the Spirit may lead some of you to put your trust simply, wholly, and entirely, on the Blood of Jesus Christ. See the Saviour hanging on the Cross; turn your eye to Him, and say, "Lord, I trust Thee; I have nothing else to trust to; sink or swim, my Saviour, I trust Thee." And as surely, sinner, as thou canst put thy trust in Christ, thou art safe. He that believeth shall be saved, be his sins ever so many; he that believeth not shall be damned, be his sins ever so few, and his virtues ever so many. Trust in Jesus now!


"My hope is built on nothing lessThan Jesu's Blood and Righteousness;I dare not trust the sweetest frame, But wholly lean on Jesu's Name; On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand, All other ground is sinking sand.

No comments: